You can register at Geburtshaus Zürcher Oberland if you meet the following requirements:
… for antenatal check-ups
We recommend that mothers-to-be have all their antenatal check-ups at the birthing centre; no medical admission criteria need to be observed. Midwife-led care during pregnancy is recommended by the World Health Organization (WHO) and paves the way for a natural birth. We provide antenatal check-ups from early pregnancy and look after multiple pregnancies, women whose babies are in a breech position and couples with traumatic birth experiences.
Midwife-led antenatal care is covered by basic health insurance. If medical indications arise which make it advisable to enlist the help of specialists from our network, we will discuss the next steps together with you.
…for natural birth
You can give birth here:
- If your general state of health is good
- If the course of your pregnancy means that spontaneous birth is expected
- If you have not previously had a caesarean section
- If you are willing to take responsibility for yourself and the birth, to read up and prepare for the birth
- If you have at least two antenatal check-ups at the birthing centre before the birth
- If you accept the limits that the birthing centre sets
- If your baby is in the head-first position (cephalic presentation)
- If you are not expecting twins or triplets
- If the placenta is not close to or covering the cervix (placenta praevia)
- If you are at least 36 weeks pregnant when the birth begins
It is also important that you have had a tour of the birthing centre beforehand.
> Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org